#061 Q&A with Dr. Jed Fahey on Sulforaphane, Moringa and Chemoprotection
Dr. Jed Fahey
In this special two-hour Q&A episode with Dr. Jed Fahey, a world-leading expert on the science of chemoprotection and, in particular, sulforaphane, we discuss many of the listener-submitted questions from the hundreds of live event participants.
In this episode, we discuss:
- (00:00) Introduction
- (07:19) The minimum daily dose of sulforaphane
- (12:04) Gauging sulforaphane content of foods is challenging
- (17:37) Workarounds to enhance the sulforaphane in cooked foods
- (23:38) How often to consume broccoli sprouts and how long their effects last
- (39:28) The effects of sulforaphane on glutathione production in the brain
- (43:12) The effects of sulforaphane on cancer
- (01:17:26) Alternatives to sprouts, such as supplements (and which ones Dr. Fahey recommends)
- (01:33:08) Safety concerns regarding sulforaphane
If you’re interested in learning more, you can read the full show notes here.
Join over 300,000 people and get the latest distilled information straight to your inbox weekly: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/newsletter
Become a FoundMyFitness premium member to get access to exclusive episodes, emails, live Q+A’s with Rhonda and more: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/crowdsponsor