#064 Dr. Michael Snyder on Continuous Glucose Monitoring and Deep Profiling for Personalized Medicine
Dr. Michael Snyder is the director for the Center for Genomics and Personalized Medicine at Stanford and a pioneer and advocate of "deep profiling." Deep profiling seeks to apply intelligent analysis to large data sets to yield specialized clinical insight, ranging from common consumer-grade wearables like Apple Watches to whole-body MRI, continuous glucose monitoring, and metabolomics.
In this episode, we discuss:
- (00:00) Introduction to Dr. Michael Snyder
- (12:51) Continuous glucose monitor use in people without diabetes
- (31:04) A smartwatch helped diagnose Dr. Snyder's Lyme disease
- (34:00) Predicting other illnesses with smartwatches
- (40:41) Detecting airborne pollutants in the exosome
- (51:04) Genetics and metabolism tell us our Ageotypes
- (58:05) Exercise is most important for longevity
- (01:03:11) Dr. Snyder's lifestyle habits
If you’re interested in learning more, you can read the full show notes.
Join over 300,000 people and get the latest distilled information on personalized medicine straight to your inbox weekly: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/newsletter
Become a FoundMyFitness premium member to get access to exclusive episodes, emails, live Q+A’s with Rhonda and more: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/crowdsponsor