Dropping the first of many bonus episodes, y'all! Today, I want to discuss self-compassion because I think it is definitely beneficial for this holiday season and your life overall.
How do you look at or frame self-compassion?
- Utilizing self-compassion, we give ourselves the same kindness and care we’d give to a good friend or child
Getting sober had me stumbling and falling into figuring out who I was. I had no clue, I talked to myself poorly and it showed up in all my relationships (friends, family, romantic or otherwise). It was nuts. So, I wanted to talk about my journey (that is still going on). In this episode, I will talk about:
- Family history and how it shaped me and my drinking
- Things I would do when I was dishonoring myself
- Tiny steps that started me down the road of reclaiming me and what I'm feeling
- Admitting that at times, this process may be lonely but that's okay! Stay the course.
- Ways you can start incorporating the threads of self-compassion into your own life
Things that I talked about during this episode:
- The book that I'm talking about: Self Compassion - The Proven Power of Being Yourself by Kristen Neff. (If you have Kindle Unlimited, it's now free.99 on there!)
- Podcast Interview with Kristen Neff on Therapy for Black Girls
- Kristen Neff's website
Stay safe out there, friends! Here is the link to some online AA meetings.
If you're looking for a black therapist or resources, check this out!
And as always, thank you for listening to my lovely show. If possible, I would love for you to review me on iTunes, Google, Stitcher -- anywhere, really.
If you have comments or suggestions feel free to hit me up via the ways below! And sign up for my mailing list. I do like to do giveaways from time to time.
Support the show (https://ko-fi.com/gettingyourishtogether)