No late summer garden is complete until its colour palette is drizzled with delightful Dahlias, a flower that’s had its fair share of love on past podcast episodes - and quite rightly so! Their productive tubers and vibrant varieties make them a true must-have, and worthy of a full episode to themselves.
Sarah Raven and Arthur Parkinson - perhaps the most enthusiastic Dahlia advocates - share their top picks from the rousing family of flowers, which ones are most alluring for birds and bees, tips on saving pot-grown Dahlias from frost, and how they make a delightful addition to a lovely salad.
In this episode, discover:
- Over a dozen glamourous, decorative varieties of Dahlia
- The best single Dahlias to encourage a vivacious buzzing of bees and butterflies
- Opportunities to companion plant Dahlias with the beautiful biennials of Rudbeckia Hirtas
- Novel new Dahlia varieties to explore, like the vibrant, heather-like Dahlia ‘Mats’
- Sarah’s advice for caring for your Dahlias in the face of frost