Go to podcast
by K Steven Whiting
Healthy Information

Legacy Series 1 - Managing Diabetes and Hypoglycemia

Description

1-888-454-8464 - askthedoc@healthyinformation.com - https://healthyinformation.com/diabetes-and-hypoglycemia/

Managing Diabetes & Hypoglycemia

Revised 2021, Copyright K. Steven Whiting

If someone were to ask you what the most epidemic disease of the so-called ‘civilized’ world was, what would be your answer? Cancer? Cancer is certainly the most feared of modern-day diseases. You might choose Heart Disease. This condition still kills more people around the world than any other single cause. Yet, neither of these conditions is the most epidemic. When we refer to an epidemic, we mean a disease or condition which is on the rapid rise and is spreading with unusual speed. Adult Onset Diabetes or Type II Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes, is the epidemic of the twentieth century, and now into the twenty first. It is rising in numbers faster than all other chronic degenerative diseases combined and promises to be an even greater problem in this new century. Diabetes is so common that almost everyone knows someone who has the disease. According to the National Institutes of Health, there are about 12 million diagnosed diabetics in America and it is estimated that there are at least that many more un-diagnosed cases.

According to 1997 statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Diabetes Division, 798,000 new cases are diagnosed every year. That amounts to one new case being diagnosed every 30 seconds! Currently, 14.3 percent of all adults in the U.S have type II diabetes and 38 percent have prediabetes, bringing the total to 52.3 percent – over half the population! This epidemic has occurred in only the last 40 years. To make matters worse, each year tens of thousands of diabetic Americans lose their eyesight, compromise their circulation, suffer irreversible heart damage, and/or require the amputation of a lower limb. Each year, many of these people die prematurely due to Diabetes. Of all these cases of Diabetes, ninety percent of them are the Adult-onset, Type II variety. Only ten percent are the genetically induced Type I Juvenile- Onset version. The saddest part about these statistics is the fact that Adult-Onset, Type II diabetes, is completely controllable and very often reversible WITHOUT the need for dangerous drugs, or worse yet, the misuse of insulin. Type II Diabetes is, almost exclusively, caused by dietary abuse. It steals a long and healthy life from millions and millions of people. We will examine the cause, progression, and reversal methods of this needless, chronic disease. Even more common in occurrence is Hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar. It is frequently the precursor to Adult-Onset Type II Diabetes. If left unchecked, Hypoglycemia can devastate the lives of its victims. They are left with a better than a nine-to-one chance of progressing to Diabetes later in life. This condition, like Diabetes, is completely dietary induced and can be controlled. Let’s find out how.

Hypoglycemia: The Undiagnosed Disorder

For many decades, Hypoglycemia was both shunned and denied by the mainstream medical profession. Millions of people went to their physicians with a long list of debilitating symptoms, only to be told that their symptoms were psychological in nature. These patients were also advised to seek psychiatric help if their symptoms persisted. This ‘misdiagnosis’ only led these people to further and further desperation. Many of them even resorted to such drastic measures as suicide. This, in turn, further fueled the argument that these people were suffering from a mental disorder.

Details

Episode 1

by K Steven Whiting