858: Managing Small Stresses Before They Create Big Problems with Rob Cross
Rob Cross explains the dangers of microstress and provides practical solutions to build your resilience.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) Why microstress is a much larger problem than we think.
2) Three types of microstress to watch out for.
3) Three solutions for when someone’s causing microstress.
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep858 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT ROB —
Rob Cross is the Edward A. Madden Professor of Global Leadership at Babson College and the cofounder and director of the Connected Commons, a consortium of more than 150 leading organizations. He has studied the underlying networks of relationships within effective organizations and the collaborative practices of high performers for more than twenty years. Working with over 300 organizations and reaching thousands of leaders from the front line to the C-suite, he has identified specific ways to cultivate vibrant, effective networks at all levels of an organization and any career stage. He is the author of Beyond Collaboration Overload: How to Work Smarter, Get Ahead, and Restore Your Well-Being and coauthor of THE MICROSTRESS EFFECT: How Little Things Pile Up and Become Big Problems—and What to do about it with Karen Dillon.
• Website: RobCross.org
• Website: Connected Commons
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Book: Together: The Healing Power of Human Connection in a Sometimes Lonely World by Vivek Murthy
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Storyworth. Give the moms in your life something super special this Mother’s Day with $10 off at StoryWorth.com/awesome