In this episode, I speak with former monk and Buddhist teacher, David Sudar. We explore questions like:
- What is the core of Buddhist psychology?
- What makes it different than a typical western mindset?
- What makes it different from a religion?
- What is the role of mindfulness in Buddhist psychology?
- Does one require the other?
- Do Buddhist ideas arise from a meditation practice?
- Does Buddhism require meditation
- What does Buddhism offer in terms of ethics and how to live our lives?
- What is your opinion on the role of mindfulness in mental health?
- Are there any risks or downsides to mindfulness
- What prevents people from practicing?
- What’s the low hanging fruit of mindfulness?
- What are the most attainable benefits?
- What is the big reward for a deep practice?
- What are the biggest misconceptions about meditation?
Disclaimer: topics discussed on the podcast are for educational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice. Consult with your medical provider about the appropriateness of these interventions in your individual case.
Music credit: American Vernacular by RAGE
To make a donation to the podcast please go to drmatthewhicks.com
Support the show