Welcome to another Money Moments episode of It's No Secret, where we chat to real Kiwis about their experiences with money.
Today we're joined by Jack Niven, Account Manager at NZME, avid rugby player and coach, and of course all round awesome guy.
In today’s episode, Cat and Christine chat to Jack about everything from buying a property at 20, to starting a business while studying as a mature student, to then selling that business and reinvesting that money into his property.
Jack shares what success truly means to him (hint: it’s not all about money) as well as the 4 pillars he measures himself and his life against to ensure he’s always living into his version of success.
In the episode, we chat about:
- How Jack's mum shaped his perspective on and relationship with money,
- Getting on the property ladder at the age of 20,
- Jack's experience of negotiating the sale of his business,
- Why successes isn't just about money, it's about being a good person,
- Whether going back to entrepreneurial life is worth it, or corporate is too comfortable,
- Why success isn't just the amount of money you have, it's about being a good person,
- Navigating money in a relationship - the merging of finances and the cost of weddings, and;
- Combining different cultural and financial backgrounds.
…and lots more good stuff. We hope you enjoy this conversation as much as we did!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to It's No Secret, wherever you listen to podcasts and never miss an episode:
Google Podcasts and more
Join the conversation on: