Welcome to a new season of Live2Inspire!
We are starting this season off with someone who is well known around the Kamloops area as a trailblazer, go-getter, and all around amazing person. I’d like to introduce Jo Berry.
Jo Berry is a runner, mom, business owner, and philanthropist. The first thing she says each morning before her feet hit the floor is: "thank you,” and "please let me be of service to someone today." Jo follows this by devoting three minutes to prayer; during which she sends energy to her family, friends, coworkers and others. Taking these few moments at the very beginning of each day is the key as it sets her intention out to the world that there is no room for self-importance. Jo truly believes that life is about what you give to others each and every day.
Jo's mantra is "Movement is Change," a powerful statement that means movement on all spheres of health: physical health, spiritual health, emotional health, and mental health. Jo is best known for: Boogie the Bridge - a charitable fun run which to date, has raised over 1 million dollars for local Kamloops charities, and RUNClub - run/walk training group that has made runners out of those who never dreamed it possible. These two powerful programs integrate emotional and physical health, and have inspired thousands through her energy, enthusiasm and support. The programs have also led Jo to win numerous awards and accolades including but not limited to:
- 2017 | Kamloops This Week Reader's Choice Award: Best Fundraiser Event
- 2017 | Kamloops This Week Reader's Choice Award: Runner Up: Best Personal Trainer, for outstanding community service
- 2016 | Kamloops Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Award: President's Award Winner, for outstanding community service
- 2015 | Boogie the Bridge breaks the "One Million Dollar Mark" for money raised for local charities
- 2014 | Kamloops Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards: Business Person of the
"Jo Berry is a trailblazer both literally, and figuratively. She has been synonymous with fitness in Kamloops and through RUNClub, she has inspired and encouraged thousands of people to become fit and live healthier lives."
- Kamloops Daily News
To learn more visit: