On this episode dakazu is pleasantly surprised with the uplifting Kyou mo Shinemasen deshita and is fascinated with the unique techniques used to create Michi Jigen. Then we rave about Junji Ito’s entertaining sci-fi horror story Remina for our latest One Shot review!
Send us emails!
Follow us on Twitter!
Check out our website!
Check out our tumblr!
Join our Discord!
- 00:00:00 - Intro Song: “Shichiten Battou no Blues” by THE PINBALLS from Junji Ito Collection, Opening, Introductions, Thanking listeners for reviews
- 00:02:23 - Listener Emails: Hosts share media that makes them cry
- 00:18:04 - Whatchu Been Reading: Transition Song: Dragon Ball Z OST “Prologue”, dakazu was surprised the morbidly titled Kyou mo Shinemasen deshita was actually a positive story
- 00:26:28 - Michi Jigen is created by tracing real life humans posing and CG art but to mixed results
- 00:37:39 - News: Recent Shueisha DMCA takedown notices are speculated to done by an cosplayer stalker posing as the publisher
- 00:42:35 - Controversy over Shueisha editor’s browsing history reveals link to adult manga pirate site
- 00:49:17 - Next Episode Preview and Rundown: Triple Dip, where we read the beginning of three different manga, including: Blue Giant by Shinichi Ishizuka, My Androgynous Boyfriend by Tamekou, and My Dress-Up Darling by Shinichi Fukuda, Upcoming Retrospective on The Flowers of Evil
- 00:52:00 - Main Segment One Shot: Remina, Transition Song: “The Shadow that Follows” by Yuki Hayashi from Junji Ito Collection, We review Junji Ito tale of mob violence and cosmic horror
- 01:30:32 - Next Week’s Topic: Blue Giant/My Androgynous Boyfriend/My Dress-Up Darling , Social Media Rundown, Sign Off Song: “wish men” by sunbrain from Beet the Vandel Buster