This episode Darfox is in absentia but that doesn’t stop us from starting a new Retrospective on Taiyo Matsumoto’s Ping Pong! Join us as we take a look at Matsumoto’s fantastic art work and cinematic use of perspectives that tells the tale of two friends who learn what competitive high school table tennis means to them!!!
Send us emails!
Follow us on Twitter!
Check out our website!
Check out our tumblr!
Join our Discord!
- 00:00:00 - Intro Song: “Tadahitori” by Bakudan Johnny from Ping Pong, Opening, Introductions, Darfox and Four Loko
- 00:01:51 - Listener Email: What topic to choose for writing a manga
- 00:14:22 - Whatchu Been Reading: Transition Song: Dragon Ball Z OST “Prologue”, dakazu got more songs to pair with chapters in Beast Complex 3
- 00:17:16 - Pop Life 2 deals with some heavier themes around family and death without being overly dramatic
- 00:20:46 - News: Yen Press launches Yen Audio imprint for audiobooks
- 00:23:02 - A campaign to upvote a minor character in the One Piece Global Top 100 Popular Character poll
- 00:26:46 - Manga artist Mieri Hiranishi shares details about Japanese publisher rates on her Patreon
- 00:35:27 - Next Episode Preview and Rundown: Retrospective on Ping Pong, A complete review of Taiyo Matsumoto’s story about friends Smile and Peco and the rivals they face as high school table tennis players(covers volume 2)
- 00:36:25 - Main Segment Retrospective: Ping Pong, Transition Song: “‘Ano Yoake Maeno’ Bokura ni Tsuite” by Merengue from Ping Pong, Comprehensive review of Taiyo Matsumoto’s seinen sports series that explores how competitive high school table tennis effects different athletes
- 01:09:47 - Next Week’s Topic: Ping Pong, Social Media Rundown, Sign Off Song: “wish men” by sunbrain from Beet the Vandel Buster