On todays episode I speak about the one thing I haven't yet come to terms with and that's my experience with childhood trauma. I speak about my two risk factors that made me a higher risk of developing a perinatal mood and anxiety disorder.
Other risk factors cited from Postpartum Support International include:
- A personal or family history of depression, anxiety, or postpartum depression
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD or PMS)
- Inadequate support in caring for the baby
- Financial stress
- Marital stress
- Complications in pregnancy, birth or breastfeeding
- A major recent life event: loss, house move, job loss
- Mothers of multiples
- Mothers whose infants are in Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU)
- Mothers who’ve gone through infertility treatments
- Women with a thyroid imbalance
- Women with any form of diabetes (type 1, type 2 or gestational)
Follow me and tag me on Instagram if you listened to this episode!