Shaan (@ShaanVP) talks to entrepreneur Moiz Ali (@moizali) on today's episode. Have you ever looked at the back of your deodorant stick and read the ingredients? Aluminum zirconium trichlorohydrex? PPG-14 Butyl Ether? Well, Moiz saw that and created Native, a natural deodorant without all the chemical junk. He built the company from his brother's dining table - doing sales, marketing, operations & customer service as a one-man-show. His hard work paid off, as he sold the company for $100M to Proctor & Gamble just 2.5 years after it launched. Listen in to hear the backstory of how he started using just $1k, how the company almost died (twice), and how he negotiated a $100M sale of the business!
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* 12:40 - How Moiz got his first product made and first few sales
* 21:00 - The highs and lows of entrepreneurship
* 27:40 - How to iterate quickly with a physical product
* 32:55 - Shaan rapid fires questions at Moiz to understand his mindset and business at the time
* 46:33 - How Moiz sold Native
* 58:30 - Moiz talks about his doubters and how it fueled him