Emergency: Oh God, Who Next?
The mince pies and P45s arrive on the shelves earlier every year. That’s right, it’s reshuffle season - and we’re here with an emergency pod to assess the latest shower of sycophants.
With Oliver Dowden taking over as party chair, are the Tories now on election footing? What awaits the justice system with Dominic Raab in charge? Can the panel bring themselves to speak the name of the new Culture Secretary, Nadin- Nadine Do- Na- oh, never mind, we can’t do it either.
- “It’s sense of moral despair that the Justice system is a consolation prize to someone who’s messed up elsewhere” - Ian Dunt
- “Tory members see Truss as a modern day Thatcher” - Naomi Smith
- “Liz Truss has been able to produce ‘copy and paste’ trade deals very effectively” - Naomi Smith
- “You get the sense this will be the team that will lead the Tories into the next election” - Ian Dunt
- “The best cabinet is where you have people who disagree, who raise problems, rather than closing yourself in an echo chamber” - Ian Dunt
- “Grant Shapps is doing an awful job at transport, especially on HGV drivers, yet he’s still in there” - Alex Andreou
Presented by Alex Andreou with Naomi Smith and Ian Dunt. Assistant producers: Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Audio production by Alex Rees. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
The podcast OH GOD, WHAT NOW? Formerly Remainiacs is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.