From Batman to Postman To Running A Multimillion Pound Coaching Business. The Incredible Rise Of Success Against All The Odds with Liam James Collins
From Batman to Postman to running a multimillion-pound business, the life of Liam James Collins almost sounds as though it could be a movie in its own right.
Having begun life as an actor, and performing alongside some of Hollywood's heavyweights, including Tom Hardy, Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman and Anne Hathaway, Liam's career suddenly crumbled, and before he knew it, his acting dream was over. Liam literally went from working alongside Tom Hardy to delivering his mail!
That was a turning point for Liam who realised he needed to stop procrastinating and start fulfilling his dreams but as you will hear, simply making a decision doesn’t ensure a smooth and easy road moving forwards either. Liam actually went on to have the toughest year of his life - after he got caught up in the London Bridge terror attacks and witnessed the most horrendous atrocities imaginable, he then lost his Dad to suicide which should have been prevented which turned his life upside down.
In this incredibly raw and emotional episode of the On a Mission podcast, Liam talks about how he has managed to channel his pain into purpose and shares the tools, and techniques he uses to help motivate others towards success. Meeting challenges, no matter how devastating doesn't have to mean you are out of the game for good.
One of the most powerful episodes to date!
- When your eyes are opened up to the potential in life, and when you begin to see the world differently to others, it becomes difficult to relate to the smaller matters that so many find themselves obsessed with.
- Success is all a matter of belief. If we truly are able to visualise ourselves at the peak of our powers, then nothing can ever stop us from achieving it.
- The world of acting is oversaturated with people who are fundamentally similar, all looking for the single doorway that can lead them to success. In order to really make it, you have to have an entrepreneurial mindset - you need to think outside of the box.
- You have to keep your reasons for doing what you do front and centre. There's no point in sacrificing your life's happiness for financial gain, because it'll never prove fulfilling enough. Remember your "why" and never lose sight of what's really important in life.
- Grief isn’t something we can ever free ourselves from, but the power of it and the shape of it does evolve over time.
'If you're going to turn something from nothing into a huge success and allow it to encapsulate your life, you have to have that level of obsession'
'You've got to be an entrepreneur as an actor'
'Why did you build a business if it wasn't so that you could have the freedom to spend time with people you love?'
'Grief never goes away, but it changes shape'
On A Mission - https://omny.fm/shows/on-a-mission
Liam James Collins Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/liam.james.collins/?hl=en
Liam James Collins LinkedIn - https://uk.linkedin.com/in/liam-james-collins-6a33b41b4
ABOUT THE HOST
Not so long ago, life was barely recognisable for Ellie McKay, raising three children under five, battling post-natal depression, facing redundancy and walking into the job centre to claim benefits with a double pram, no confidence, and wracked with insecurities.
Fast forward to today, and life looks very different. Ellie committed to turning her life around for herself and her family. Following this commitment, she got to work and has now built multiple successful companies, as well as having created a multimillion-pound property portfolio from a standing start.
Ellie is now on a mission to make a positive impact and add value to others through her podcast which has attracted phenomenal guests worldwide. The show is specifically to help those trying to reach their full potential through its inspirational and motivational content, as well as challenging conventional wisdom to discuss all the “hot topics” in a relentless pursuit of the truth.
OAM Instagram: https://instagram.com/onamissionshow?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
The podcast On a Mission Podcast is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.