Why Friends Are Key To Entrepreneurship - with Liz Baitson & Sarah McDermott
Business success is wonderful, but your business won’t be there to celebrate or console you when you need it. Your friends are the ones who will see you through thick and thin, and while it may seem easier to focus on building your business, success can feel pretty lonely when there’s no one to share it with.
On this episode, I’m joined by my good friends Liz Baitson and Sarah McDermott as we talk about becoming closer after initially meeting as property investors. Entrepreneurship can be a lonely journey which is why having shared values are so important. We talk about what it means to be surrounded by those who support you and what value they provide to one another and their businesses.
Liz and Sarah also share the importance of making a difference to others and the world, why being in business is one of the strongest forms of personal development as well as what makes a successful person and a happy fulfilled life.
- Going into business can be one of the best ways to start your personal development journey. You have to face your demons and overcome challenges on a daily basis.
- You will lose people as you start to work on yourself but you will also find that those who are on the journey with you are meant to be there, they share the same values and vision as you.
- Inner peace in a person proves success and that they are enjoying who they are and the life they have created.
- Real life means that things aren’t always going to be going your way and in these times mindset, meditation and manifestation can be the tools you can use to stay on track.
- It’s normal for our definition of success to change as we learn more about the world and ourselves.
- Money isn’t the definition of success, but it does give you access to things to make life easier, it gives you a certain amount of freedom. It’s just important to remember that it isn’t the core signifier.
- Time is the thing you can never get back or buy so whatever you can do to allow yourself to make the most of your time is worth it.
- If you can support others you should and those who have worked this out, at any wealth level, know that all humans are reflections of one another.
‘I forget how much value you get from talking to friends’
‘We have all very consciously created our realities now, we are taking control of our stuff’
‘Those people who can’t celebrate other people's win are very unlikely to be celebrating their own win either’
‘Peace is something I love in a person’
‘My meaning of success is pure contentment all the time, the whole point is not to be affected by them [struggles]’
On A Mission - https://omny.fm/shows/on-a-mission
Liz Baitson - https://www.lizbaitson.com
High Net Connect - https://www.highnetconnect.co.uk/
Sarah McDermott - https://www.sarah-mcdermott.com/
ABOUT THE HOST
Not so long ago, life was barely recognisable for Ellie McKay, raising three children under five, battling post-natal depression, facing redundancy and walking into the job centre to claim benefits with a double pram, no confidence, and wracked with insecurities.
Fast forward to today, and life looks very different. Ellie committed to turning her life around for herself and her family. Following this commitment, she got to work and has now built multiple successful companies, as well as having created a multimillion-pound property portfolio from a standing start.
Ellie is now on a mission to make a positive impact and add value to others through her podcast which has attracted phenomenal guests worldwide. The show is specifically to help those trying to reach their full potential through its inspirational and motivational content, as well as challenging conventional wisdom to discuss all the “hot topics” in a relentless pursuit of the truth.
OAM Instagram: https://instagram.com/onamissionshow?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
The podcast On a Mission Podcast is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.