I'm your host, Nick Smith. I serve as the student and recovery pastor at my local Church in Pickens, South Carolina. If you have questions or thoughts you would like to share; you can reach me through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Guest: Today our guest is Dr. Donny Mathis. Dr. Mathis is a graduate of the University of Kentucky and The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He holds a PhD. in New Testament and currently serves as a professor at North Greenville University, where he teaches Christian studies. He also serves as a lay elder at The Church at Cherrydale in Greenville, SC. A few years back, Dr. Mathis co-authored the book, Seven Arrows: aiming bible readers in the right direction. This simple approach of studying the Bible has been a gift to student ministry and the Church around the world.
Questions that were discussed:
- What led you to writing a book about studying the Bible?
- What are the 7 arrows you identify in your book?
- What does this passage say?
- What did the passage mean to its original audience?
- What does this passage tell us about God?
- What does this passage tell us about man?
- What does this passage demand of me?
- How does this passage change the way I relate to people?
- What does this passage prompt me to pray?
- What would you say, or what advice would you give to a parent listening that feels inadequate in reading and teaching the Bible to their teen?
- If someone is ready to start studying the bible where would you encourage them to start? Why?
Connect with our Guest:
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
7 Arrows Book
7 Arrows 52 week Student Devotional
7 Arrows CSB Study Bible