I'm your host, Nick Smith. I serve as the student and recovery pastor at my local Church in Pickens, South Carolina. If you have questions or thoughts you would like to share; you can reach me through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Guest: Dr. Tim McKnight is the Associate Professor of Missions and Youth Ministry and Director of the Global Center for Youth Ministry at Anderson University. He is lead pastor and planter of a new multiethnic church plant, Mosaic Church of Anderson. Tim is a speaker with Clayton King Ministries, the author of No Better Gospel and Raising the Bar (Second Edition (Kregel 2019), and editor of Navigating Youth Ministry (B&H Academic 2020).
Questions that were discussed:
- What is Gen Z? ~1999-2015
- What are some of the Challenges to parent and make disciples of Gen Z?
- What are some of the unique strengths of Gen Z?
- What advice would you give parents of Gen Z teens that would help them curate an authentic and passionate faith in Jesus?
A Quick look at the book:
Part 1: Test Time: Does Youth Ministry Pass?
- The World Has Changed, but the Gospel Has Not: Analyzing the Current Culture of Student Ministry
- Meet Generation Z: The Next Great Generation
- The Potency of Expectancy: Why We Can Be Optimistic
- Truth or Consequences: Biblical Teaching Confronts Contemporary Practice
- Entertaining Children or Assembling an Army?: Lessons from History
- From the Parachurch to the Local Church: A Brief History of Youth Ministry
- Teaching the Youth Well: Building a Ministry on the Word
Part 2: Reinventing Youth Ministry
- Habitual Love: Stirring the Affections of Youth
- Get Real: Sharing Jesus Consistently
- Life is Worship: Recalibrating the Focus of Students
- Advice to Parents: It's Time to Grow Up
- Meanwhile, Back at the Church: Staff Relations and Leading a Ministry
- Rites of Passage: Seasons of Change
- Conclusion: Raise the Bar
Book \ Engaging Gen Z: Raising the Bar for Youth Ministry
Want to book a speaking engagement? Email Tim McKnight at email@example.com
Tim McKnight's Blog: https://www.1disciple.com/blog/author/tim/