Jeff Nepple from Wash U in St Louis joins us to discuss cartilage wear patterns in FAI and SCFE and implications for treatment from the most recent JPO. We also highlight new literature regarding resorbable implants in pediatrics, Pavlik harness success in hip dysplasia patients with irreducible dislocations, and much more. Your hosts are Carter Clement from Children's Hospital of New Orleans, Craig Louer from Vanderbilt, Josh Holt from Iowa and Julia Sanders from Children's Hospital Colorado. Music by A.A. Alto.
Lieberman EG, Pascual-Garrido C, Abu-Amer W, Nepple JJ, Shoenecker PL, Clohisy JC. Patients With Symptomatic Sequelae of Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis Have Advanced Cartilage Wear at the Time of Surgical Intervention. J Pediatr Orthop. 2021 Jul 1;41(6):e398-e403.
1. Baldini M, Coppa V, Falcioni D, Senigagliesi E, Marinelli M, Gigante AP. Use of resorbable magnesium screws in children: systematic review of the literature and short-term follow-up from our series. J Child Orthop. 2021 Jun 1;15(3):194-203.
2. Patel HA, Chaudhry S, Lee MC, Solomito M. Streamlining Postoperative Care After Pediatric Supracondylar Humerus Fractures: Is Follow-up After Pin Removal Routinely Needed? J Pediatr Orthop. 2021 Jul 1;41(6):e464-e469.
3. Nicolaou N, Luo Q, Giles SN, Maruthainar K, Kitchen MP, Thomas S, Fernandes JA, Roposch A. Mechanical Analysis of Explanted Telescopic Rods in the Management of Osteogenesis Imperfecta: A Multicenter Study. J Pediatr Orthop. 2021 Jul 1;41(6):e448-e456.
4. Imerci A, Rogers KJ, Bhattacharjee A, Bowen JR, Thacker MM. Risk Factors for Failure of Pavlik Harness Treatment in Infants With Dislocated Hips That Are Evaluated by Dynamic Sonography. J Pediatr Orthop. 2021 Jul 1;41(6):e386-e391.
5. Fletcher AN, Liles JL, Pereira GF, Danilkowicz RM, Amendola A, Riboh JC. The Intrarater and Inter-rater Reliability of Radiographic Evaluation of the Posterior Tibial Slope in Pediatric Patients. J Pediatr Orthop. 2021 Jul 1;41(6):e404-e410.