Acupuncturist and herbalist, Brigita Slekys, shares her extensive knowledge of Chinese Medicine and how it can help balance out your nervous system and hormones. She breaks down the five elements, their characteristics, emotions associated with them, the organ that rules them, and how to use this knowledge diagnostically. We also get into how acupuncture can help you remain flexible during conception, pregnancy, and postpartum and all the changes that follow. Hello self-care support system.
Topics We Discuss:
- Chinese Medicine
In the Episode, We Learn:
- She was born in Canada and is of Lithuanian descent.
- She moved to Saudi Arabia when she was 4, then back to Canada, and then the US when she was 11.
- The Lithuanian culture is one of the last practicing Pagan cultures.
- How she came to study Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine.
- Her experience living and working in China after her acupuncture post bachelor’s degree.
- The 5 elements (Fire, Earth, Water, Metal, Wood) in acupuncture and the color, body odor, voice, qualities, and emotion most associated with each of them.
- How acupuncture can support your nervous system.
- How acupuncture can support hormonal regularity.
- How she uses Acupuncture alongside IVF.
- About your Qi and the best place to hold it in your body.
- About what can cause your Qi to collect in one part of your body.