Writer and Director, Jean Lee, shares her exciting journey into the film world as a female storyteller. She bravely followed her heart when she decided to break from a traditional career path and pursue a new passion. We loved learning about her personal process of prayer journaling and how she brings purpose into her storytelling. As a woman who is dedicated to lifting up the women around her, Jean reminds us of the importance of nurturing a community and cheering every woman on.
Topics We Discuss:
- Women in Film
- Conscious Communication
In the Episode, We Learn:
- She had to take a step back from her career to nurture a parent and what she learned from that experience.
- Her perspective on the foundation of film as a medium.
- The balance between being a strong leader and expressing sincere emotion.
- How her passion for film developed.
- What led her to pursue film school and how she manifested a scholarship.
- What attracts her to projects.
- The importance of actively listening in life and on set.
- About her prayer journals.
- The importance of having a strong and loving support system.
- How she got accepted into the NBC Female Forward program.