Body acceptance coach and self-love junkie, Madison Ayers, shares how her struggle to overcome a decade long eating disorder woke her up to the ways our society tries to keep us “small” in more ways than one, and how she has made it her mission to reframe this belief system. We love the way Madison supports her clients in reframing their minds and rebuilding the disconnect between body and soul. Here’s to not staying small, friends!
Topics We Discuss:
- Eating Disorders
- Body Acceptance
In the Episode, We Learn:
- She developed an eating disorder at the age of 10.
- How her Anorexia turned into Bulimia in college.
- Even after she was “healed” of her eating disorders, she was still acutely aware of wanting to stay small.
- She started to tap into the non-physical, energetic parts of herself which completely changed her life.
- How Spirituality and body acceptance are so closely woven together.
- How a negative relationship to your body creates a disconnect between your physical body and your soul.
- Your belief about yourself will then be reflected in what you see in the external world.
- The importance of having grace with yourself when you are building self-worth.
- Some of Madison’s tips to course-correct some of the ways might bring yourself down.
- The importance of relating to your body in a beautiful way.
- How she cultivates self-love.