Being dominant in a market full of alternatives requires entrepreneurs who’ll go above and beyond to meet their customers’ needs. Companies that thrive in such environments leverage their passion to understand and solve problems faced by their products’ end users.
Today, I’m speaking to Kelly McGee, the co-founder and current engineering and design VP of Elevate Dynamics, a healthcare product company that builds ankle-foot orthoses (AFOs) to help people suffering from foot drop.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn about their AFO product and the problem it solves for its users. We’ll dive into the challenges that are faced by startups and how to overcome some of them. You’ll also hear more about the importance of market research and the role that data plays in product development.
Join us as we discuss how Elevate Dynamics successfully combined hard work and passion to build a successful product.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What is AFO and what’s its history? (5:59)
- How did Elevate end up working on AFO? (11:07)
- What led to Elevate’s partnership with SPS? (17:51)
- How did COVID impact Elevate? (21:44)
- Why did Elevate choose Siemens CAD software? (22:49)
- What are Elevate’s future plans? (24:17)
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- The purpose of an AFO (5:59)
- The prevalence and causes of drop foot (7:56)
- How to conduct meaningful market research (15:24)
- The importance of trust while building a brand (19:31)
- The benefits that Siemens CAD offers to startups (22:49)
- The importance of focus for startups (26:46)
Siemens Startups Software
Connect with Kelly McGee:
Connect with Paul Musto:
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.