*About This Episode: *
Wedding planning takes a turn when the happiest day of your life involves adult children, step children, blended families and a previous spouse who isn’t on the best of terms with the family. Do weddings really bring families closer together? Or do they just force the tough stuff we bury deep down inside of us to rise to the surface?
On today’s episode Christy and Michelle connect with Tanya Pushkine, creator of the Vow Whisperer. Tanya is no stranger to helping others manage the emotions that arise when expressing meaningful feelings. Tanya shares her own intimate story about her wedding day, and her communication with her son, and healing old pain. Tanya gives us powerful insights on how she came to grips with letting go of the anger that holds us back from compromise and forgiveness.
Often, a therapist is the best person to help you heal family trauma.
Talking things out might seem like a good idea, but sometimes it just serves to rehash the ugliness of the pain.
Setting aside your ego and acknowledging the pain of someone else by honoring their feelings, is most often what the other party is searching for.
If you can set aside the desire to be apologized to, it's easier to move forward.
“The concept of writing to him, not to say how you felt, but acknowledging how he felt, is most likely what allowed him to open up and be like, ‘You get it!’” - Michelle
“A wedding day can be the beginning of a new family story.” - Christy, attributing Tanya
"Moving through the conflicts in life with the end destination in mind instead of your ego." - Tanya
"When [we] let go of [our] own anger and ego you feel better. Holding onto anger and waiting for that apology is what screws you up." - Michelle
Links We Referenced
The Big Wedding Planning Podcast is...
* Hosted and produced by Christy Matthews and Michelle Martinez.
* Edited by Veronica Gruba.
* Music by Steph Altman of Mophonics (https://www.mophonics.com/).
* On Instagram @thebigweddingplanningpodcast and be sure to use #planthatwedding when posting, so you can get our attention!
* Inviting you to become part of our Facebook Group! Join us and our amazing members. Just search for The Big Wedding Planning Podcast Community on Facebook.
* Easy to get in touch with. Email us at email@example.com or Call and leave a message at 415-723-1625 and you might hear your voice on an episode
* On Patreon. Become a member (https://www.patreon.com/thebigweddingplanningpodcast) and with as little as $5 per month, you get bonus episodes, special newsletters and Zoom Cocktail Hours with Christy & Michelle!
Our Partners (https://www.thebigweddingplanningpodcast.com/partners (https://www.thebigweddingplanningpodcast.com/partners))
Special Deals for Listeners - TBWPP Enthusiastically Approved!
The Flashdance ([https://www.theflashdance.com/virtual-party-the-big-wedding-planning-podcast](https://www.theflashdance.com/virtual-party-the-big-wedding-planning-podcast))
Cactus Collective ([https://www.cactus-collective.com/the-big-wedding-planning-podcast/](https://www.cactus-collective.com/the-big-wedding-planning-podcast/))
Unboring Wedding Academy ([https://www.unboringweddingacademy.com/bigwedding/](https://www.unboringweddingacademy.com/bigwedding/)) Special Guest: Tanya Pushkine.
by Michelle Martinez & Christy Matthews
The podcast The Big Wedding Planning Podcast is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.