Christy and Michelle head down to San Diego’s Intercontinental Hotel (https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/san-diego/sanhb/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-IC-_-US-_-SANHB) to coordinate April and Aljon’s wedding. The Bride and Groom give us behind-the-scenes coverage into their special day, filled with rich Filipino traditions, while Michelle & Christy offer tips and tricks to setting up for a wedding and lots of overall great advice.
While Christy and Michelle are no strangers to pandemic weddings, the planners help to keep the bride and groom calm as they offload the millions of little details that can quickly add stress to a bride and groom without the help of professionals.
If you've ever wondered how to navigate the ebb and flow of COVID and its new delta variant, how to talk masks and vaccines to your family and friends; or whether you've considered postponing the whole thing all together, this episode is a must listen! Today’s show captures the day before, day of, and day after moments of a weekend wedding as April and Aljon go from Me to We.
* Aljon's, easy going nature helped keep April's spirits high through the stress that came along with the build up to the wedding.
* They knew that their family might have some issues with showing up on time, so the ceremony was listed as starting at 1pm, but they were actually planning to start at 2pm.
* Because of Covid, they required proof of vaccination, or a PCR test 72 hours beforehand. This helped them feel that it would keep their guests healthier and happier. It was a fast shift in response to new variants of the virus.
* Don't understimate the value of hiring a videographer and a wedding planner.
* April loved having the first looks. She found it really calmed her nerves, and felt comforted seeing her partner in the hustle of the morning and before the ceremony. Aljon said he was indifferent at first, but in retrospect would absolutely do it again and thinks everyone should do it. It’s a nice, personal, intimate way to connect with your partner.
* They were married in a full Catholic and Filipino ceremony.
* The wedding was a huge success, and was everything they had dreamed.
* Unique things they included: - Boba later in the evening - Money Dance
Links We Referenced
“Every once in awhile he’ll look at me, Aljon will look at me, and be like, ‘We’re going to get married tomorrow. You’re going to be my wife tomorrow.’ Or we’ll talk to our dog, ‘you’re not going to be a bastard dog anymore!’” - April
“I, at the end of the day, just wanted to get married. I wanna marry the man of my dreams. And if that meant that other people had to wear a mask, or if I had to wear a mask, I was okay with that.” - April
“I’m about to do first look. She’s had her dress for about 6 months now, and I have never, ever seen it until today.” - Aljon
“Are you excited to see it?” - Michelle
“Do you care, do we care about the dress? Do men care about the dress?” - Michelle
“She’s going to look beautiful either way, so...” - Aljon
“I really enjoy the first look. It kind of also calmed the nerves. I still cried going down the aisle, but when I saw him, I think it was the most genuine.” - April
“I’m someone who doesn’t even care about little things. But I always dreamt of my wedding. I always knew that when I went to other weddings, like ‘I want this,’ so it was exactly what I wanted.” - April
Plan your wedding using The Big Wedding Planning Master Class (https://www.thebigweddingplanningmasterclass.com/). A self-paced digital course created with love for you by Christy & Michelle.
The Big Wedding Planning Podcast is...
* Hosted and produced by Christy Matthews and Michelle Martinez.
* Edited by Veronica Gruba.
* Music by Steph Altman of Mophonics (https://www.mophonics.com/).
* On Instagram @thebigweddingplanningpodcast and be sure to use #planthatwedding when posting, so you can get our attention!
* Inviting you to become part of our Facebook Group! Join us and our amazing members. Just search for The Big Wedding Planning Podcast Community on Facebook.
* Easy to get in touch with. Email us at email@example.com or Call and leave a message at 415-723-1625 and you might hear your voice on an episode
* On Patreon. Become a member (https://www.patreon.com/thebigweddingplanningpodcast) and with as little as $5 per month, you get bonus episodes, special newsletters and Zoom Cocktail Hours with Christy & Michelle!
Our Partners (https://www.thebigweddingplanningpodcast.com/partners)
Special Deals for Listeners - TBWPP Enthusiastically Approved!
The Flashdance (https://www.theflashdance.com/virtual-party-the-big-wedding-planning-podcast)
Cactus Collective (https://www.cactus-collective.com/the-big-wedding-planning-podcast/)
Unboring Wedding Academy (https://www.unboringweddingacademy.com/bigwedding/)