Formerly based in Sydney, Samantha Low is a Tokyo based Senior Account Manager at Critical Mass, a digital experience design agency. Find out more about her life on her website, where she regularly blogs about her life in Japan at http://www.samanthawxlow.com/
This episode appeared on the Professional Development Forum (PDF), an organisation helping diverse young professionals reach their full potential in the workplace and find career fulfillment. To find out more, please visit: https://professionaldevelopmentforum.org/
Topics covered in this episode:
· When and why did you come to Japan. How did you get a job?
· Is Japanese fluency essential?
· How to build a professional career in Japan (outside of teaching English)?
· What is working culture like?
· Thoughts as an Asian-Australian living in Japan
· Tips & tricks for getting settled
· Life in Australia vs Japan