Johann Hari is a journalist and author of Lost Connections, a book which changed the way I think about depression and mental health. His new book, Stolen Focus, is about what people can do in order to improve their focus, and about what we can all do to stop our attention being robbed in a world of increasing distractions.
Johann travels thousands of miles all over the world in order to complete his research, he’s spoken to experts on every continent and he’s come in to us about what he’s learnt on his journey.
What Johann offers is not just practical advice for us all to take to improve our focus, but also what we can all do to change the way we interact with tech companies in order to make sure it never gets robbed again.
- Why did you write about focus
- What is the cost of losing our attention?
- Social Media
- Flow States
- What is the harm of interruption?
- The lack of sleep we all seem to be getting
- The importance of reading physical books
- Negativity bias
- Angry humans in an angry machine
- Is there hope?
- Food is messing up our focus
- Our last guests question
Watch the episodes on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/StevenBartlettYT?sub_confirmation=1
Sponsor: Huel - https://uk.huel.com/