Welcome to season 2 of The Happy Lawyer Podcast!
On this episode I chat with Leena Yousefi founder of Y Law. We do a deep dive into how the traditional legal practice model led to burnout, mental and physical health issues. We discussed how this gave her the courage to start her own firm and how that firm has now boomed. We cover the following:
· Why law firms are stuck in the past
· How burnout has become the norm in the profession and why that must end
· The impacts of stress and burnout on her physical and mental heath
· Why she started her own practice and how it took off
· Why being a mom makes you a better lawyer not a liability
· Transition to a 4 day work week and its success
As always, if you have any questions about your legal career you can reach out to me on LinkedIn: Catherine Shearer, or you can connect through the website www.thehappylawyer.ca You can also find me on Instagram @guelphinjurylawyer
And now you can join The Happy Lawyer Facebook Community https://www.facebook.com/groups/899616490629391 for peer to peer support.