“Yes, you might want to lose weight, yes, you might want to build muscle, but right now, you are enough. The moment you start to look in the mirror and feel inspired by the person you see is the moment you take your own power back.” - Gerry Hussey
This episode of The Happy Pear Podcast is with the great Gerry Hussey. Gerry is a performance psychologist and has been in the human health and performance field for almost 20 years. In more recent times, he has been coined ‘The Soul Coach’.
Gerry has been at the forefront of building high performance teams and individuals in all areas of sport and professionalism. His vast experience has seen him prepare and lead teams for success at Olympic Games, Heineken cups, World cups, and World and European championships. He has worked and currently works with some of the world’s leading sport and business teams as well as coaching for high performing individuals.
He brings an unrivalled wealth of honesty, experience and infectious passion to everything he does and this podcast is no different. He really does have an incredible ability to awaken, unlock and connect people in a truly powerful manner.
In this episode, Gerry discusses:
- Where his career started as a performance coach with the Irish Boxing Team.
- How psychology and the soul are intrinsically linked.
- The psychological side of food, nutrition and nourishment.
- The physical and mental need for balance.
- The danger of obsession and the importance of joy, laughter & fun.
- Why exercise is fundamental to our health at all levels
- His amazingly inspiring journey to self acceptance and striving to be the greatest ‘me’ that ever lived.
- Why we need to leave the past behind and live without fear.
- The simple beauty in 5 deep breaths.
- Removing the word ‘but’ from your vocabulary.
In recent years, Gerry has been a big help and inspiration to us - we always learn an incredible amount from him and we really hope you find it good for you!
Dave & Steve