“Meditation is like a gym in which you develop the mental muscles of calm and insight.” -Ajahn Brahm
While the popularity of meditation is on the rise, it’s important to note that meditation has been practiced in many cultures around the world for thousands of years. The term meditation applies to a wide variety of diverse practices, both ancient and new. Research shows that meditation has numerous profound benefits on emotions and stress levels, the circulatory system, immunity, and much more.
On this compilation episode of The Model Health Show, you’re going to hear from some of the world’s foremost experts on the topic of meditation. You’ll learn the impacts that meditation can have on the brain and nervous system, tips for cultivating a healthy meditation practice, and how mindfulness can make you a better person, inside and out.
You’re also going to learn practical tips for getting started in meditation, the truth about common misconceptions, and how meditation science is always evolving. Whether you’re a meditation expert or novice, I hope this episode provides you with inspiration and insights to create a mindfulness practice that works for you. So listen in, take good notes, and enjoy the show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How to create real long-term changes by taking control of your inner world.
- The Albert Einstein quote that changed my life.
- What meditation actually is.
- The importance of living your life intentionally.
- What intention deficit disorder is.
- The root of the word meditation.
- Why there is no such thing as a bad meditation practice.
- How meditation can help you better express yourself.
- Why humans are energetic fields.
- Tips for getting started with meditation.
- What a mantra practice is, and why it’s so powerful.
- The powerful effects that meditation has on the brain.
- What spiritual fitness is.
- The importance of recognizing meditation as a skill.
- Why it’s beneficial to be specific with our language when talking about meditation.
- One critical question you should ask yourself after a meditation practice.
- Why consistency is important when cultivating a meditation practice.
- How to become more efficient at meditating.
- The reason why there is sometimes an emotional release during meditation.
- How meditation can allow the body to rest and restore.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation