“You are not a helpless victim of your own thoughts, but rather a master of your mind.” – Louise Hay
Your mind is a deeply, amazingly powerful entity. Your thoughts have the ability to influence your outcomes, including your ability to heal, grow, and implement change. But many of us discount the power of our incredible minds, either out of hesitancy or complacency.
With intentionality and focus, you can harness the power of your mind to improve your life in every way. Because your thoughts create connections in your brain, being conscious about the way you think is critical for creating positive outcomes. On today’s show, you’re going to learn about the power of your mind and how meditation can help you reach your goals.
Today’s guest is Emily Fletcher, a meditation teacher and founder of Ziva Meditation. Emily is here to share the numerous mental and biochemical effects of meditation, and why a meditation practice is also beneficial for children. You’re going to learn about dealing with a wide spectrum of emotions in a healthy way, and how to channel your innate power to manifest your dreams.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How Emily got exposed to meditation, & why she decided to study it.
- Why meditation is the solution to unnecessary suffering.
- How meditation can clear out old, accumulated stresses.
- The 3 M’s of Ziva Meditation.
- Why simple meditation can be the most profound.
- How meditation can improve sleep latency.
- The problem with the prevalent chronic low grade stress loads.
- What adaptation energy is, and why it matters.
- The benefits of meditation for kids.
- How common parenting methods can often suppress children’s emotions.
- The importance of holding space for the magnitude of emotions.
- What it truly means to surrender.
- Why meditation can help you increase neuroplasticity.
- The number one question you should ask yourself after meditating.
- How getting out of fight or flight mode can help you realize your dreams.
- What the word Ziva means.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation