Our powerful, intelligent, efficient brain is at the forefront of everything we do. From movement to memory to emotions, the brain serves many important functions. Yet for some reason, its health and maintenance are often ignored in the conversation about mental health.
When it comes to research on mental wellness, Dr. Daniel Amen’s experience is unmatched. Dr. Amen is a double board-certified psychiatrist, 12-time New York Times bestselling author, and one of the leading experts on mental health. Today he’s back on The Model Health Show to share powerful insights and strategies from his new book, Your Brain Is Always Listening.
This conversation contains impactful strategies you can use to take control of your emotions, heal from your past, change your habits, and shut down negative thoughts. We can all take the initiative to build stronger minds and better brains. The one and only Dr. Amen is here to show you how.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How the blood brain barrier works.
- What one of the biggest culprits of the obesity epidemic is.
- How birth order can affect our personality.
- What the inner dragons are, and how they can affect your mental health.
- An exercise you can do when you’re feeling bad about yourself.
- How praising others can help with your own self-criticism.
- The value of knowing your life’s purpose and aligning your actions with your goals.
- What the true definition of mental health is.
- How to train your brain to think positively.
- An essential distinction between social distancing and physical distancing.
- The importance of realizing your thoughts aren’t always rooted in truth.
- Why you might want to designate a different name for your mind.
- The power of meditation and prayer for spiritual fitness.
- What the difference is between your brain’s hardware and software.
- How other people’s dragons can become contagious.
- What part of the brain is the dragon tamer.
- Why NFL players have 4 times higher risk of depression.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation