“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” – Paulo Coelho
No one enjoys failing, but failure is an inherent part of being human, trying new things, and growing. If the fear of failure stops you from chasing your dreams, that’s a problem. So how do we reframe the way we think about failure, and use it as a tool to ultimately achieve more?
Today’s guest, Laila Ali, has a refreshing perspective on failure, following your heart, and creating your own unique path to health and success. On this episode of The Model Health Show, she’s sharing her journey to becoming a four-time undefeated boxing champion and advocate for health and wellness.
This episode includes compelling anecdotes about following your dreams, overcoming the fear of failure, and setting aside time each day to take care of yourself. Laila’s story is a powerful testament to what you can accomplish if you are driven, focused, and committed. I hope this episode serves as a reminder of how innately and uniquely powerful you are. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How Laila became passionate about boxing.
- Why Laila’s father actually discouraged her from becoming a professional boxer.
- The importance of following your heart, even when others disagree.
- Why not fearing failure is a superpower.
- How reframing what failure means can help you reach your goals.
- What it’s like to find your own identity as the child of a famous athlete.
- The power of setting boundaries and having the confidence to find your own path.
- How getting involved in boxing helped Laila appreciate health on a holistic scale.
- What it means to understand your level of exposure.
- How getting your health under control can change future generations.
- Why pursuing health is an individualized quest.
- The three pillars of Laila’s lifestyle.
- How Laila got interested in cooking.
- Why you need to be cognizant of what you commit to, and the power of saying no.
- What Laila’s workout routine looks like.
- The value of scheduling time to take care of yourself.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation