If we define health as the absence of disease, that makes the United States among the unhealthiest countries in the world. With rising rates of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease, we have a serious problem with lifestyle-related illnesses in our country. When the cards are stacked against folks in that way, it’s hard to stand a chance when faced with the risk of infection.
How do we address this underlying susceptibility to viruses and work toward healthier communities in a more sustainable, all-inclusive way? Today’s guest, Mike Mutzel, is here to shed light on this important and timely topic. You’re going to learn about how health disparities lead to higher infection rates and worse outcomes, the root causes of our main health problems, and what we can do to become healthier and more resilient.
This episode contains discussions on the power of exercise, what lifestyle habits make vaccines more effective, the incredible inner workings of the human immune system, and realistic practices you can integrate to help your body become as strong and protected as possible. So listen in, take good notes, and enjoy this interview with the one and only, Mike Mutzel!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The link between exercise habits and COVID-19 outcomes.
- How chronic low-grade inflammation impacts the functionality of the immune system.
- What you need to know about how your immune system works.
- The link between vaccine efficacy and obesity.
- How a vaccine actually works.
- What studies show about healthy lifestyle changes and flu shot efficacy.
- Mike’s personal experience with contracting COVID-19.
- The link between olfactory nerve atrophy and cognitive impairment.
- How healthy living impacts herd immunity.
- The definition of the innate immune system and the adaptive immune system.
- How immunological memory works.
- Why quarantine has disproportionately affected the most vulnerable people.
- What you need to know about viral load and disease trajectory.
- The link between vitamin D levels and immune function.
- How an mRNA vaccine works.
- Why sustainable healthy living practices are the path forward.
- The effects of disposable face masks on the environment.
- What we need to consider about excessive use of hand sanitizers.
- Why it’s healthy to question things and look at counterevidence.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation