In the United States it’s estimated that over 40% of our citizens are vitamin D deficient. Vitamin D is one of the most powerful and complex nutrients needed to maintain health of the human body. As a steroid hormone, vitamin D plays a vital role in immune function, bone health, protection against cancer, cardiovascular health, and much more.
On this episode of The Model Health Show, you’re going to learn how the human body processes, converts, and stores vitamin D. We’re going to talk about the role that vitamin D plays in major organs and systems, and how vitamin D can decrease susceptibility to many chronic diseases and infections.
You’re also going to learn about seven major factors that can influence your body’s absorption of vitamin D. We’re going to cover sun exposure, supplementation, as well as real food sources of vitamin D. This masterclass episode is packed with science and actionable tips you can use to optimize your vitamin D levels. So listen in, take good notes, and enjoy the show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What vitamin D is, and its vital functions in the body.
- The two major ways we can absorb vitamin D.
- How your body processes sunlight and converts it into vitamin D.
- Which form of vitamin D is usable in the body.
- The role that the kidneys play in vitamin D conversion.
- Which nutrient is critical for calcium absorption.
- How vitamin D plays a role in sexual function.
- The link between vitamin D deficiency and autoimmune diseases.
- How vitamin D interacts with our DNA.
- What immunomodulation is.
- The role that vitamin D plays in destroying cancer cells.
- How vitamin D deficiency is linked to COVID-19 infection rates.
- Why vitamin D can aid in COVID-19 recovery.
- How much vitamin D supplementation is appropriate.
- The complex relationship between fat cells and vitamin D.
- Seven major factors that influence the way our bodies make and utilize vitamin D.
- What percentage of Americans are vitamin D deficient.
- The most efficient time of day for converting UVB rays into vitamin D.
- Real food sources of vitamin D.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation