The human body is profoundly strong, powerful, and resilient. It is literally designed to heal, bounce back, and fend off disease. When you think about it, it’s incredible that our bodies have the capacity to heal broken bones and repair damaged tissue. Every single day, our bodies are repairing cells, renewing, and striving for balance.
At a time when having a healthy immune system is of upmost importance, it’s critical that we understand our body’s natural defense systems and how to fortify them for optimal health. On today’s show, pioneering physician and author Dr. William Li is back to share groundbreaking science on the body’s five natural health defense systems.
You’re going to learn about the role that blood vessel health plays in disease and infection rates, and how to eat to optimize your body’s five natural health defense systems. Dr. Li is sharing empowering evidence to help you beat disease and infection. Now more than ever, I hope this information will inspire you to support your body’s defense systems so you can live your best life. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What percentage of people hospitalized with COVID-19 were overweight or obese.
- The link between COVID-19 infection and blood vessel damage.
- Why preexisting conditions like obesity and diabetes increase COVID-19 susceptibility.
- What endothelial disfunction is, and how it relates to viral infections.
- The definition of microvirome.
- Our body’s five hardwired health defense systems, and how they work.
- What keeps us from getting sick more often.
- The definition of vascular endothelial growth factor.
- How cancer cells can hijack the body’s vascular system and grow blood vessels.
- The role that blood vessel growth has in recovering from long COVID.
- How to protect your blood vessels with food.
- The importance of pairing modern medicine with healthy eating habits.
- How a compound in baby broccoli can help your body respond better to vaccines.
- Specific ways to optimize your body’s five natural health defense systems with food.
- Which food can double the amount of stem cells in your blood stream.
- How sunflower seeds can improve your telomere health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation