"Should I put my podcast up on YouTube? I hear it's great for getting discovered."
I frequently hear this comment from podcasters who are looking to gain more listeners to their podcast. But truth be told, posting a podcast up to YouTube is more than just grabbing the audio file, attaching podcast cover art and letting your podcast play underneath the card.
In fact, when it comes to gaining more traction to your podcast, putting audio-only podcasts up on YouTube could be wasting valuable time for you, the podcaster. In fact, your time is better spent creating original content for the YouTube platform that is an actual video instead of repurposed static images.
Here's a breakdown of what is in today's program:
Show Opening and Latest News:
- An update on Clubhouse and the evolution of their Terms of Service. If you missed that episode, you can listen to it here.
- Spotify launches paid podcast platform for creators
- I explain how you can implement a paid subscription podcast right now without having to wait for Spotify's platform to go public.
- I detail which platforms you can use to create a paid podcast platform.
- The platform that seems most promising is Supercast. You can learn more about them here.
The Mixdown - Should I Put My Podcast On YouTube:
- Brief story on why I decided to start creating videos for YouTube.
- I mention my sister's YouTube channel, Command The Courtroom--you can view it here.
- Correction to the section when I mention my sister has almost 30k subscribers. She currently has 21k subscribers.
- What I didn't expect before publishing to YouTube
- My personal publishing process.
- Views vs. Watch Time
Unnecessary Explanations - Listener Q&A
- Today I answer a series of questions about starting up a podcast website and what to look for when purchasing domain names.
- Share advice in a listener/viewer who wants to monetize a children's story podcast as well as create an accompanying YouTube Channel.
I hope you enjoy this episode. Reach out to me and let me know what you think about today's program.
Have a question for me? Leave me a voicemail or send me a message at:
Today's episode was created and powered by Rocketbook, the reusable and environmentally friendly notebook. Take notes, save to the cloud, erase notes, reuse notebook. Learn more here:
Want to know which equipment I used to create this podcast? Download my Essential Equipment Guide to Starting a Podcast:
Start editing your podcast in Adobe Audition. Learn more here:
Launching a podcast? Get my Podcast Launch Checklist here for 25% off the website listing price. Click here to download.
Support the show (https://www.theshanman.com/contribute-to-my-youtube-channel)