On this last day of Women's History Month, I am so honored that we are chatting with May Lee of Uncle Nearest Whisky and Camillya Masunda of Ebony Wine and Spirits!
About Uncle Nearest Whiskey
Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey is inspired by the best whiskey maker the world never knew, the first known African-American master distiller, Nathan “Nearest” Green. The Uncle Nearest brand, wholly owned by Uncle Nearest, Inc., an all minority-led business, encompasses a premium aged whiskey with a blend of 8- to 14- year old, an 11-year-old minimum age single barrel, and a 7-year-old small batch offering, all mellowed using the Lincoln County Process, unique filtering of bourbon through sugar maple charcoal. This process has been confirmed to have been brought to Tennessee by enslaved people and taught by Nearest Green to the most famous Tennessee Whiskey maker of all time. Uncle Nearest is distilled, aged, bottled, and hand-labeled in Tennessee.
- Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey debuted in July 2017, and in less than two years the company expanded into all 50 states and 12 countries.
- CEO and founder Fawn Weaver said that she attributes her company’s success to building a workforce that mirrors America and by inviting all consumers to their table.
- The company said its customer base is made up of about 50% women.
- Victoria Eady Butler, Green’s great-great-granddaughter, is the brand’s master blender and the first female African American master blender in history. She is also the first Black woman to win Whisky Magazine’s Icons of Whisky for Master Blender of the Year.
About Ebony Wine and Spirits
The essences of darkness enriched, smooth and plentiful with the taste of melanin captured in wine submerged in a bottle or pure elegance.
Discover what makes us unique among all the wineries of the world! When you serve your friends and family Ebony, our commitment to the highest quality and greatest value says a lot about you.
Our curated selection of wine starts with our connection to the land and the winemakers. Each bottle – local or international vintage – has been personally sourced by our Master Sommelier and expert Wine Team to brighten your table and your dining experience.
Ebony Wine & Spirits is introducing the wine world to a different level of prestige and culture in a time where it’s needed most. Our wine is made with the finest of care and attention, and our brand represents more than just good flavor; we highlight power, beauty, and change.
About Brut Rosé
Pop, clink, fizz. Sip and celebrate with a chilled glass of shimmering, refreshing sparkling wine. The palate opens with ripe strawberry and cranberry fruit, shadowed by a hint of cream and subtle spice. Rich and round, with a fine mousse that creates a delicious, creamy mouthfeel. Finishing clean and crisp, with a suggestion of ripe melon and bing cherry. Only the best from Ebony.
The pale peach color and bright bubbles make this sparkling a sweet addition to a wedding, baby shower, or any celebratory event. Don’t just reserve this über food-friendly wine for a special event, it’s great to pair with everything from appetizers to a spicy Asian take-out.
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/therosehourpodcast/message