783 - How to Avoid Overwhelm
Download The App: https://tlbc.co/upward-ios
Join The Group: https://tlbc.co/community
"Thoughts on what would be considered a good/efficient number of things to work on for self improvement at one time. I have a lot of things that I want to work on to improve myself ranging from drinking more water daily to learning to become a better programmer. I also know that most of what I want to work on would be considered habits, which take time to become ingrained. In addition, the human brain can only handle so many things at once. I don't want to spread out my self improvement too long by only focusing on one change until it becomes habit, but I also don't want to tackle the world all at once and become disillusioned with everything (ala New Years Resolutions). Thoughts? Anyone? Bueller?"
- Start with 1 thing. It’s much easier to start that way than to worry about everything
- Focus on improving your ability to improve (decision making, understanding, self-discipline)
- As you improve one area of your life it will snowball into other areas
- As you gain confidence in your ability to do what you say, it will become easier to take on harder and harder things
- Pick one thing to improve right now
The podcast Tiny Leaps, Big Changes is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.