CNN senior political analyst and USA Today columnist, Kirsten Powers, is back to talk about her new book, Saving Grace: Speak Your Truth, Stay Centered, and Learn to Coexist with People who Drive You Nuts.
We explore her journey of moving from an unhealthy Eight—full of judgment, shaming, and blaming—to a healthy Eight with the capacity to extend grace towards those who hold opposing views without sacrificing her values and passionate beliefs.
In this episode, Kirsten walks us through the tools we can all use to become less enraged and more gracious people in the world. She shares her insights into:
- What grace is and what it isn't
- Setting boundaries to show others how to be in a relationship with you
- Learning how to have healthy conflict
- Developing humility to cultivate more empathy for others
- Seeing the humanity of others even when opinions clash
This conversation is not just for Eights; it's for all of us. It's a master class in better relating to those we disagree with while embodying the best expression ourselves.