In today’s episode I’m going to explain the difference between your wedding theme and wedding style, as this can be a bit confusing. We will then go through how to decide on your wedding theme and have some fun creating one of your most useful tools - which is your wedding mood board.
In this episode I share:
- The difference between your wedding theme and your wedding style
- 5 steps to help you decide on your wedding theme
- Steps to create your wedding mood board, including what to include on your board, whether you create it digitally or printed and the purpose and use of this mood board.
This episode's “Quick Tip” is - every time you need to make a decision regarding the look and feel of your wedding day, be sure not to make this call until you have referenced your mood board and checked that it is in line with your overall wedding theme and style. This is vital in order to create a day that makes sense, that flows cohesively and is consistent from start to finish.
Sharing your mood boards
I would love it if after creating your mood boards, you would share photos of them on socials, either via your stories tagging @paradisehunter or send them to me as a DM if you are wanting to keep things under wraps...it would be so awesome to see the progress you have made and your chosen wedding themes, styles and vibe.
If you enjoyed this episode and the Your Day, Your Way podcast, I have a favour. Please take a minute to subscribe, and to leave a rating and a review. You can do that right now by clicking here and choosing your platform. You’ll be helping me to reach more people, and I would be truly grateful. Thank you so much.
Thanks for tuning in and until next week, happy planning people!
Wedding Theme Quizzes
- One Fab Day - https://www.onefabday.com/quiz-style-of-wedding/
- Pop Sugar - https://www.popsugar.com/love/Wedding-Theme-Quiz-35278661
- Modern Wedding - https://www.modernwedding.com.au/mw-quiz-what-style-wedding-should-you-have/
Wedding Colour Trends Article - https://www.magnetstreet.com/wedding-color-trends
To download my FREE “Five tips to nailing your wedding theme” head to https://www.paradisehunter.com.au/freebie - this fantastic resource covers today's episode from start to finish and is a great reference to follow in order to complete all the steps in this episode.
Full Show Notes available at https://www.paradisehunter.com.au/3
Send Caitlin a DM on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/paradisehunter
Check out our website for more ideas and inspiration https://www.paradisehunter.com.au
Sign up to our newsletter so you never miss a beat https://www.paradisehunter.com.au/newsletter
Related Podcast Episodes
01. Planning 101: Start your wedding planning by answering these 6 questions
02. Planning 101: Getting clear on your non negotiables and your wedding vision