Foreign Accent Syndrome, AI Reads Minds, Alien Marsh
Today you’ll learn about how foreign accent syndrome works, how an AI algorithm can create a physical copy of a mental picture, and how invasive marsh grass is taking over China’s coastline.
Foreign Accent Syndrome
- “Scientists reveal why American man with prostate cancer developed ‘uncontrolled’ Irish accent” by Vishwam Shankaran
- “Foreign accent syndrome as a heralding manifestation of transformation to small cell neuroendocrine prostate cancer” by Amanda Broderick et al.
- “After Surgery: Discomforts and Complications” by Johns Hopkins Medicine
- “A Man’s Prostate Cancer Gave Him An 'Uncontrollable' Irish Accent” by Ed Cara
- “A man in the US got prostate cancer. It made him start speaking with an Irish accent.” by Catherine Schuster-Bruce
AI Reads Minds
- “AI re-creates what people see by reading their brain scans” by Kamal Nahas
- “High-resolution image reconstruction with latent diffusion models from human brain activity” by Yu Takagi and Shinji Nishimoto
- “China battles alien marsh grass at unprecedented scale” by Erik Stokstad
- “Spartina invasive management - a review of the evidence” by Sam Reynolds et al.
- “China aims to contain proliferation of invasive plant by 2025” by Xinhua
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/foreign-accent-syndrome-ai-reads-minds-alien-marsh
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.