Immortality Tech, Please Is Not Polite, Snap Fit Physics
Today you’ll learn about new treatments the wealthy are using to try and stay young forever, the cultural and social evolution of the word please, and how the snap fit mechanism used in things like lego bricks is being updated for even bigger projects.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/immortality-tech-please-is-not-polite-snap-fit-physics
- “People are desperately trying to live forever. Here are the biggest anti-aging trends sweeping the nation.” by Lakshmi Varanasi
- “Taking the Plunge: Is Cold Exposure Worthwhile?” by Lisa Fields
- “How can fasting help fight aging?” by Linnea Zielinski
- “Telomeres, DNA Damage and Ageing: Potential Leads from Ayurvedic Rasayana (Anti-Ageing) Drugs” by Rohit Sharma and Natália Martins
- “Red Light Therapy” by Cleveland Clinic
Please Is Not Polite
- “How Please Stopped Being Polite” By Walker Mimms
- “Oh Please Stop Saying Please” by Choire Sicha
- “7 words you probably didn't know were acronyms” by BBC
Snap Fit Physics
- “From LEGOs to Ziploc: The Science of the Snap Fit” by Katharine Gammon
- “Mechanics of a Snap Fit” by Keisuke Yoshida and Hirofumi Wada
- “LEGO ‘snap-fit’ inspires scientific study” by Adam Basch
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.