Understanding Chips and Tuning for Diesel Motors w/ Steinbauer
The Farm Equipment Market Trends segment is sponsored by Tractor Zoom. T.J. Masker, VP of Product Development at Tractor Zoom, answers another frequently asked question he hears from farmers, "what will my combine be worth 5 years from now?" and discusses the main methods to consider when trying to understand future value:
- Straight line depreciation
- Market value depreciation
- Replacement strategy & balance sheet accuracy
Find out what your combine or other farm equipment is worth today at TractorZoom.com.
Chips and Tuning – Directly effecting the bottom line of farming
Guest : Sherie Dooly-Jones
Site Manager for the USA for Steinbauer Engineering Public Relations and Human Resources Manager
- Who is Steinbauer?
- Company history
- What is a chip?
- What language should we be using today? Tuning Chips Programming Etc….?
- What is tuning? What gets affected?
- Reprogramming the ECU
- Plug & Play Devices
- Injector duration modules
- What kinds of motors can you tune?
- What else?
- What profitability factors can be increased by tuning?
- Money - Expenses
- Wear and Tear
- What can you tune with a Steinbauer chip?
- Fuel efficiency
- Can you tune it to not use DEF?
- What else?
- Can you only tune new equipment?
- How old of equipment can be tuned?
- Taking an older and underpowered machine and adding it back into the fleet
- What are the risks of tuning older equipment?
- Can you switch a chip from one machine to another?
- Need it on for planting but not for the grain cart as an example
- New Product roll out – what kind of testing goes into a chip before it is released?
- How far behind a new product does a chip come out?
- John Deere releases a new tractor – how does Steinbauer get access to the technology to test and design?
- How do you determine how much power you can safely add to a motor?
- What are important things to consider when picking a chip company?
- Brick & Mortar
- What are the risks of doing this?
- How are warranties effected?
- Serviceability – technicians traveling out of their Michigan location
- What type of maintenance is there for a chip after it is installed?
- Who are a majority of your clients?
- Why do they say they are doing this to their equipment?
- What are you most excited for coming in the future?
- What did we miss?
- What does Success Look Like to You?
- Summery & Challenge