Your Baby and Sleep
Welcome to episode forty-six of the Honest Mamas Podcast. Today, Melissa speaks with Brook Nalle about the issues surrounding your baby and sleep.
At Bank Street's Graduate School of Education, Brooke (MS Ed. 2003) learned to apply a developmental lens to her teaching and curriculum design. When she founded Sleepy On Hudson in 2009, she brought and applied this training to infant, baby, and toddler sleep.
She is one of Kim West's first 50 Gentle Sleep Coaches and has worked with over 1,500 families with children of all ages. Brooke specializes in creating and affirming behavioral routines that are right for your child's developmental picture and of course are sensitive to his temperament.
In addition to her work with infant and babies, Brooke especially enjoys working with toddlers and can help you through this rocky sleep period.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The most common sleep issues Brooke comes across
- The need for a good routine to help with a baby’s sleep
- Learning not to be too hard on yourself around this issue
- Knowing what’s developmentally appropriate
- Why you can’t put a baby to sleep on their belly if they can’t do it on their own
- Making sure to properly use techniques such as swaddling correctly
- Set realistic expectations and goals
- Learning to work with sleep consultants through this process
Podcasten Honest Mamas Podcast är inbäddad på denna sida från ett öppet RSS-flöde. Alla filer, beskrivningar, bilder och annan metadata från flödet tillhör podcastens ägare och är inte anslutet till eller validerat av Podplay.