Prehospital Emergency Care Podcast Ep. 113
Happy EMS Week: Pediatrics Day!
The PEC Podcast team would like to highlight NAEMSP's newest podcast to our family
In their first episode, hosts Dr. Joseph Finney and Dr. Joelle Donofrio Odmann talk about
Safely and effectively managing pain in our pediatric patients. Medical directors and prehospital clinicians must be able to identify gaps in pediatric pain management and provide the necessary QA/QI to close those gaps. In this episode, we focus on exactly that, with several experts in EMS joining us to offer their knowledge and critical appraisal of the evidence in order to identify and close the gaps in the management of pain in children.
As always THANK YOU for listening.
Hawnwan Philip Moy MD (@pecpodcast)
Scott Goldberg MD, MPH (@EMS_Boston)
Jeremiah Escajeda MD, MPH (@jerescajeda)
Joelle Donofrio-Odmann DO (@PEMems)
Maia Dorsett MD PhD (@maiadorsett)
Lekshmi Kumar MD, MPH (@gradyMED1)
The Emergency Medical Services for Children Innovation and Improvement Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award (U07MC37471) totaling $3M with 0 percent financed with nongovernmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov
To learn more about the Emergency Medical Services for Children Innovation and Improvement Center visit https://emscimprovement.center
Follow on Twitter @EMSCImprovement
- International Association for the Society of Pain Subcommittee on Taxonomy
- WT Zempsky NL Schechter 2003 What’s new in the management of pain in children Pediatrics Rev 24 10 337 347 16
- SJ Weisman B Bernstein NL Schechter 1998 Consequences of inadequate analgesia during painful procedures in children Arch Pediatrics Adolescent Med 152 2 147 149 17
- JT Pate 1996 Childhood medical experience and temperament as predictors of adult fu
- Educational Module on Prehospital Pain Management in Children (Targeted Issues Grant): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn3MF_4-9iQ&feature=youtu.be
- Lorin R. Browne, Manish I. Shah, Jonathan R. Studnek, Daniel G. Ostermayer, Stacy Reynolds, Clare E. Guse, David C. Brousseau & E. Brooke Lerner (2016) Multicenter Evaluation of Prehospital Opioid Pain Management in Injured Children, Prehospital Emergency Care, 20:6, 759-767, DOI: 10.1080/10903127.2016.1194931