On this episode, Dr Hazel is joined by Kelly Mc Nulty, a PhD student at Northumbria University investigating the effects of the menstrual cycle and hormonal contraceptive use on performance, recovery, and adaptation in sportswomen. They chat all about how periods affect strength and performance in sport and exercise.
Topics covered include:
* Training around the menstrual cycle
* Differences in strength and performance across the menstrual cycle
* Injury susceptibility, recovery and sleep at different phases of the menstrual cycle
* Period tracking methods
* Oral contraceptive use and the impact on strength and performance
* The menstrual cycle changes during the pandemic.
Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe if you enjoyed this podcast!