Dan Kolbert is the owner of Kolbert Building, a small, longtime building contractor in Portland, Maine.
Dan has written for various trade publications, including Fine Homebuilding magazine, and for the past 10 years has been moderator of the original Building Science Discussion Group in Portland, Maine, where the Pretty Good House idea originated. Be sure to watch for the upcoming book he is co-authoring, to be published in 2022.
- The house as a system
- Upcoming book with co-authors Emily Mottram, Michael Maines, Chris Briley
- Energy efficiency in historic home renovation
- Energy concerns in finishing an attic
- Why combine insulating, air sealing and ventilation
- Durability and adaptability as part of sustainability
- Insulating foundations for energy, health and carbon debt