For additional notes and resources check out Douglas’ website.
- The Lord detests shady business practices. See Lev 19:15; Deut 25:13-16; Amos 8:5; Prov 11:1; 16:11; 20:10,23.
- Re: v12: One does not build himself up by tearing others down (also v.9).
- V15 and many other proverbs warn us of the dangers of guaranteeing a loan.
- People who value money over people -- ruthless, violent types -- may be wealthy, but they are the true losers.
- Giving has a reflexive aspect (v17; also 24-25).
- There is a good deal of humor in Proverbs, such as v.22.
Challenge: To not deride our neighbor.
Tomorrow: Proverbs 12