#180 April Speight in her own lane from design to advocacy
April took us on a rollercoaster. We talked about how she learned Python in the open, made videos about her learning, and landed a children's book deal. April told us about transitioning to the AR/VR space and how she landed at Microsoft, first as a Program Manager, and then (finally) in advocacy, with an explosive start happening in an MIT Hackathon! From her project management studies and realization, she learned to code to find a job to her first internship.
Here are the links from the show:
- Byte Size Python https://amzn.to/3hy9AZr
- Cover Campfire Rounds by Blue Dot Sessions is licensed CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.
- Your host is Timothée (Tim) Bourguignon, more about him at timbourguignon.fr.
- Gift the podcast a rating on one of the significant platforms https://devjourney.info/subscribe
- Support the podcast, support us on Patreon: https://bit.ly/devjpatreon
The podcast Software Developer's Journey is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.